Microsoft Excel is the most widely used software within the business community and having knowledge of how excel works or how to use it can only be achieved through an excel training, online excel courses or taking excel classes near you.
Whether you want to create a spreadsheet, analyze data or present a report, Microsoft Excel proficiency is one of the most valuable and indispensable skills anyone can have.
If you want to learn Microsoft excel, either as a beginner or advanced level learner in search of advanced excel training, we’ve reviewed and rounded up some of the best excel courses and training classes to help you learn excel online. This list includes paid and free excel training classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced users with printable certificates upon completion.
The Top 6 Excel Courses Online
These are the best online excel courses with certificates:
- Microsoft Excel Course for Beginner to Advanced Learners (Udemy).
- Excel Skills for Business Certification (Macquarie University – Coursera).
- Microsoft Excel – Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions (Udemy).
- Introduction to Data Analysis Using Excel (Rice University).
- Microsoft Excel Crash Course – From Beginner to Expert in 6 Hours (Udemy).
- Microsoft Excel – Data Analysis with Excel Pivot Tables.
What can you do with MS-Excel?
According to a research study by monster, having Excel skill set on your resume can greatly increase your employability. Microsoft Excel can also be a very useful tool to analyze data in your day-to-day life such as managing personal finances
The interesting part is that you can develop your Excel skills using online resources at the convenience of your own home, without having to spend huge amount of money on college courses.
If you want to learn data analysis in depth, we have also reviewed and rounded up some of the best data analytics courses here.
Best Excel Courses & Online Training Classes with Certificates
This comprehensive list contains both free and paid online excel classes for beginners that will help you learn Microsoft Excel, and advanced excel training courses to further make you even better at excel.
1. Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced (Udemy)
The best Excel course for beginners and advanced users altogether
The Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced is an Udemy excel course with in-depth comprehensive training that teaches you the A-Z Microsoft of Excel with a certificate of completion.
Instructor: Kyle Pew | Duration: 17.5 hours on-demand video | Certificate of Completion: Provided | Best For: Beginners and advanced excel users
The course is taught by Kyle Pew, a Microsoft Office Certified Expert and also a Microsoft Certified Trainer with over 10+ years of live classroom and online training experience helps you master Microsoft Excel from beginner to advanced level.
He uses his Excel training experience to guide you step-by-step so you can build a strong foundation as you progress through intermediate, advanced levels and beyond.
This course was created with Excel 2013. But all features work in Excel 2010, 2013 and 2016. You get full lifetime access to 17.5hours of video content, 2 articles and 37 downloadable resources.
Key Highlights/ What you’ll learn
The tutorial includes four levels which helps learners:
- Master Excel’s most popular functions like, SUM, VLOOKUP, IF, AVERAGE, INDEX/MATCH and more
- Learn to create dynamic reports with Excel PivotTables
- Learn the most common Excel functions used in the Office
- Learn to create effective spreadsheets
- Learn how to handle your daily tasks easily with VBA and Macros
- Build a solid understanding on the Basics of Microsoft Excel
2. Excel Skills for Business Certification by Macquarie University (Available on Coursera)
Best Microsoft Excel Certification online course for self-learners and business users
Duration: Approx. 6 months (5 hour/week) | Certificate of Completion: Provided |
The Excel Skills for Business Certification by Macquarie University training is a comprehensive excel course made available on Coursera and is specially designed for all those who want to develop their Microsoft Excel skills for business.
One thing I like about this online excel training class is its simple nature that teaches even some complex things like how to design effective spreadsheets and do complex calculations. In addition, you will be able to validate data and prevent errors in spreadsheets, create automation, apply advanced formulas and conditional logic to make informed business decisions.
If you want to learn how to manage large datasets in an efficient manner, then this will be one of the Best Microsoft Excel Courses for you. It progressively takes you through 4 levels of Excel topics, namely: Essentials, Intermediate I, Intermediate II and Advanced, building up on the knowledge gained in the previous level.
For the course instructor, this course is taught simultaneously by three (3) instructors- Nicky Bull, Excel Consultant, Macquarie Business School; Dr Prashan S. M. Karunaratne, Lecturer – Teaching & Leadership | FHEA,Department of Actuarial Studies and Business Analytics, Macquarie Business School; A/Professor Yvonne Breyer, Director, Learning & Teaching| Head, Learning Future, Macquarie Business School.
Learners will be able to:
- Understand how to clean and prepare data for analysis
- Learn to create spreadsheets that help forecast and model data
- Learn how to work with dates and financial functions
- Build professional dashboards in Excel
- Upgrade their skillset and handle sales/billing tasks easily.
3. Microsoft Excel – Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions (Udemy)
Best advanced Excel course
Instructor: Chris Dutton | Duration: 8 hours on-demand video | Certificate of Completion: Provided
The Microsoft Excel – Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions training is an Advanced Excel Training hosted on Udemy and taught by Chris Dutton, a certified Excel MOS Expert, edtech entrepreneur, and best-selling analytics instructor. It teaches you over 75+ functions and formulas of Excel 2016, Excel 2013, and Excel 2010 and is specially designed for advanced learners. The tutorial comes with lifetime access, 1-on-1 instructor support, homework exercises & quizzes, project files and more.
The course begins with a quick review of the fundamentals, then dive into each formula category from basic stats functions, conditional statements to more advanced array formulas, named ranges, and data tools like WebService and FilterXML.
This course helps you to:
- Learn to write powerful and dynamic formulas from scratch
- Master unique tips, tools and case studies that you won’t find in any other course
- Learn how to use a range of formulas and functions that include formula-based formatting, statistical functions, Text functions, logical operators, and so on
- Learn how to manipulate arrays, text, date and time.
4. Introduction to Data Analysis Using Excel by Rice University (available on Coursera)
Best Excel training for Data Analysis
Instructor: Sharad Borle | Duration: Approx. 4 weeks (1-2 hours/week) | Certificate of Completion: Provided
Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel is a Microsoft Excel introductory course to learn excel fundamentals and how to use it for data analysis, as well as its application in real life and business situations, with proper utilization. The beginner excel class is taught by Sharad Borle who has structured the training very well and uses easy to understand examples that make learners understand everything quickly and be able to apply them in real life scenarios.
This course is a part of the Business Statistics and Analysis Specialization by Rice University. It has been designed for two kinds of learners – those who have a basic functional knowledge of Excel and those who use Excel regularly and wish to improve their knowhow.
This Microsoft Excel training consists of 4 modules that progressively take you from learning basic operations (such as reading data into Excel using various data formats, editing and organizing data etc.) to more advanced functionality (such as Pivot Tables, Charts and Graphs etc.). It is perfect for learning powerful data analysis tools.
This course which is perfect for beginners who want to learn something new in a fun way helps learners:
- Understand the basic operations and functions of spreadsheets
- Learn to use formulas in Excel using absolute and relative referencing
- Understand Pivot Charts, Scatter Plots and Histograms
- Understand various line, bar and pie charts and get to build them on your own.
5. Microsoft Excel Crash Course – From Beginner to Expert in 6 Hours (Udemy)
Duration: 6.5 hours on-demand video | Offers Certificate of Completion: Yes
Hosted on Udemy, Microsoft Excel crash course from beginner to expert is one of the best Microsoft Excel training programs online for all those who want to become proficient at Microsoft Excel.
This training is provided by a certified Excel trainer user and instructor with more than 15 years of experience. The good things about this online class is that, it walks you through the part step by step from a person even with no excel knowledge at all to a beginner with basic excel foundation knowledge and then takes you to the advanced excel training. In no time, you can easily become an expert at Microsoft Excel by learning all the fundamentals and advanced features.
It includes 63 video lectures presented with high-quality video -lectures, that visually demonstrate how to easily do everything in Excel and will also let you master this tool. You will get lifetime access for this tutorial that will permit you to learn/review new material and it is perfect for all skill levels – Beginner to Advanced and is taught by Todd McLeod.
This course helps learners:
- Learn tips and tricks about Excel, as well as Excel secrets and shortcuts
- Learn how to integrate Microsoft Excel with Microsoft Word
- Learn how to find and download free Excel templates that you can use like budget templates or a calendar template or a schedule template
- Learn how to use passwords in Excel to protect your work in multiple scenarios.
6. Microsoft Excel – Data Analysis with Excel Pivot Tables
Instructor: Chris Dutton | Duration: 6 hours on-demand video | Certificate of Completion: Provided
- Microsoft Excel 2010-2019 or Office 365 (ideally for PC/Windows)
- Mac users are welcome, but note that the Pivot Table interface varies across platforms
- Basic experience with Excel functionality (charts & formulas a plus!)
If you are interested in learning data analysis and wants to know how to use excel properly to achieve your aim, Microsoft Excel – Data Analysis with Excel Pivot Tables is the right course for you. This course is a master course in Excel Pivot tables, one of Excel’s most powerful data analysis tools.
As earlier stated, if your purpose of undergoing an excel training is for data analysis, then this is no doubt one of the best online courses in Excel to take your data analysis skills to the next level. It has been developed by Chris Dutton.
For those who do not know, Chris Dutton is a Microsoft Certified, best-selling Excel instructor with courses also in the data analysis and statistics for businesses. The cool thing about this online excel class is that, he teaches it in a fun, interactive and effective style.
The online training will give you a deep understanding of MS Excel Pivot charts and Pivot tables. You will learn how, when and why to use Pivot tables. During these online classes, you will master calculation tools, filtering and advanced sorting. It is compatible with Office 365, MS Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
This excel tutorial covers 16 articles, 6 hours on-demand video, and 6 supplemental resources and provides learners with interactive, hands-on demos and Excel exercises throughout the course. It also requires learners to have basic functional experience with Excel.
This course helps learners:
- Gain 100% comprehensive understanding of Excel Pivot Tables and Excel Pivot Charts to streamline your workflow in Excel
- Learn to build Interactive Excel dashboards
- Master unique Pivot Table tips, tools and case studies
- Test their skills with 10 real-world Pivot Table case studies (weather, shark attacks, wine tastings, burrito ratings, major league baseball, stock market, and more).
Business analysts, accountants, bankers, scientists, marketing professionals, entrepreneurs and almost all professionals use Microsoft Excel on a consistent basis. Given how Excel is so widespread in the workforce, it helps to be proficient at it.
The immense value of Microsoft Excel in all walks of life is often underappreciated. And, at the same time, the difficulty of learning Excel is often exaggerated. Learning Excel does not need to take weeks, months, or years. In fact, you can learn many of the core functions of Excel in a single day. That is – if you learn from a good Excel course with a knowledgeable teacher.
Upon completion of the right Excel training course, and mastering the excel basics, you can improve your employment and career prospects and prove to be a valuable asset to your organization.
It is my utmost believe that these top-rated online Excel courses we reviewed and comprehensively explained in this article, will help you make a good choice of which MS Excel training suits you best. whether you are a beginner or an Advanced user in search of the best excel courses or excel classes near you.