Want to take an extra online class for free? These free online courses with printable certificates are the best I.T and non-IT related free online training classes you can ever find.
With the increasing cost of education (university or colleges) and demanding work tasks that requires more knowledge and learning within a short period of time, you will agree with me that the need for free online courses with certificates to amp up your skills and improve your resume comes pretty handy.
We took out time to research, find and compare free courses online with printable certificates, and these are the best there is.
List of top 6 Free Online Courses With Printable Certificates
- Large range courses (Lynda/LinkedIn learning).
- Business analytics, marketing and Design courses (Udemy).
- Free University & College courses (Coursera).
- Science, Coding and IT courses (Alison).
- Developers courses (Pluralsight).
- Free Digital marketing courses (Google Digital Garage).
Detailed review and further expansion with list of available classes of each free certification courses listed above is below. Want to jump right in? Click here to go straight to the Best free online courses with certificates.
These courses range from free online university courses with certifications to short courses online from e-learning platforms such as Udemy, Coursera, edx, Udacity, Mooc (massive open online courses) and more, with lots of great courses for almost every industry including digital marketing, Human Resource, business, IT, design, programming, language etc.
In this article, you will find providers as well as sites for learning that actually include a free printable certificate upon completion of any online class.
The thing about digital certificates that can be printed is that, certification not only expands your knowledge and skill but also makes your resume more attractive to recruiters for either government or private jobs.
Best Free Online Courses With Certificates in 2020
Below is a detailed list of the best free certification courses online with certificates you can print and add to your resume, which will further improve both your career prospects and educational prospects drastically.
1. Large range courses (Lynda/LinkedIn learning)
Number of Free Online Courses available: 13,000+ | Certification: Free certificates included for all courses | Price: Free for the 1st month
Former Lynda.com now known as LinkedIn learning is one of the most well established online education platform and a trusted online course provider. The good thing is, they offer the widest range of courses and classes online for free.
LinkedIn learning is the first on my list because in my own opinion, they cover all the bases. Their courses are taught by well-known and trained industry professionals, so students know they are getting relevant and reliable information on any of the courses they choose to study on this platform.
A lot of people know LinkedIn Learning as the parent company of Lynda.com, which had famously captured the attention of e-learners all over the world. After Lynda.com was taken over by LinkedIn, Lynda has now been rebranded as LinkedIn Learning.
Key highlights and features
- Learn the most in-demand tech, management and creative skills from industry experts which will help you add value to your work while helping you grow in your career.
- Has one of the largest catalogues of online video courses, which is over 13,000
- Has Android and iOS apps for learning on the go and also provides the option of ‘view offline’ which allows you to attend classes without the internet and on the go.
- All courses are effectively free because the first month on the platform is a trial period. Therefore, you can enroll in any course of your choice and complete any course of your choice at absolutely no cost.
- Can choose from a large variety of courses across diverse set of domains like marketing, business, data science, technology, and lots more.
List of free courses offered on LinkedIn learning
- Some of the free online courses offered by LinkedIn learning includes:
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Web/ Software Development
- Audio & Music
- Web design
- Human Resource
- Leadership and Management
- Cloud Computing
- Business Strategy and more.
2. Free Business analytics, marketing and Design courses (Udemy)
Price: Free (other premium courses are also hosted on the site) | Number of Free Courses available: 823 | Certification: Free certificates included for over 800 courses
Udemy is another well-established provider which predominantly provides courses for a fee, but also provides a wide range of free video courses to choose from.
There are over 800 free Udemy courses with certificates of completion after each online training classes. While Udemy offers lots of courses from different instructors across various industries, I really find it a great online education platform for business management and analytics.
- You can download and print a certificate of completion once done with your chosen course which is sent via email.
- This platform ensures that ensure that their students get the best available learning materials.
List of Udemy Free Courses
- Some of the free online courses provided by Udemy includes:
- Spanish Language
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Excel Training
3. Free University and College Courses (Coursera)
Price: Free (with option of paid) | Number of free available online courses: 100 | Certification: Free certificates included in all the courses
Coursera prides itself as an online learning site with free learning resources for Universities and For College Students and so far, it is evident in their partnership with top universities and colleges plus I.T companies.
As a way to help people during the Corona Virus Pandemic Lockdown, Coursera has joined hands with leading global universities to launch over 100 Free Courses online from leading colleges to teach a variety of topics ranging rom Health, Personal Development, Computer Science, Data Science, Business to Languages.
Yale, Duke University, Johns Hopkins, Indian School of Business, Imperial College London, Princeton, Yonsei among many others are some of the Universities offering these courses on Coursera.
Features and Key Highlights
- You get a chance to learn from top colleges globally using this platform
- Learn a variety of new skills, all no cost
- Make use of all the extra time you have on your hands with these quick courses
List of Coursera free courses
Some of the free university courses offered by Coursera includes:
- Google IT Support
- IBM Data Science
- Machine learning for Analytics
- Applied Project Management
- Online University degree programs
- Data Analytics
4. Science, Coding and I.T courses (Alison)
Price: Free | Number of free certification courses available: 1,000 | Certification: Free certificates included for some courses
Alison is a free online course provider that has over 13 million learners, 2 million graduates, and 1,000 courses.
This online course platform works more as an online education platform that organizes hundreds of free courses available all over the internet as compared to LinkedIn learning and Udemy who create their own courses.
- Upon Completion of a course, you get to download and print digital certificate of completion (only for some courses).
- Alison online learning platform also provides a paid service for receiving a hard/ digital copy of the certification.
List of Free Alison Courses
Some of the free science, coding and I.T courses offered by Alison include:
- Web development
5. Developers courses (Pluralsight)
Price: 10-day free trial | Number of Free Online Courses available: Over 1400 | Certification: Free printable certificates included in all courses
Pluralsight is an online course provider which helps you improve your online technical skills from some of the best mentors and teachers in the world.
While not a new comer to the industry, Pluralsight has partnered up with some of the largest I.T and technology companies in the world such as Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, Google, and Unity to help deliver the online classes.
Feature and Key Highlights
- You can sign up for a free 10-day trial to complete your chosen course.
- Upon completion of your chosen course, you will receive a certificate via email.
- This platform is not technically free, but if you are able to complete your chosen course within 10 days, then you wont have to spend a single penny.
List of Free Pluralsight Online Courses for Developers
Some of the free online courses provided by Pluralsight include:
- Microsoft Azure
- Machine Learning
- Cyber Security
- Software Development
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Malware Analysis
6. Free Digital Marketing Courses (Google Digital Garage)
Price: Free | Number of Free Online Courses available: Over 100 | Certification: Free certificates are included for some courses
A large number of persons who use Google on a daily basis have no idea that Google also has a full-fledged course platform for online learning.
If you are looking to build a strong portfolio or start your own journey in multiple fields like Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development, Cloud computing, etc then being certified in various Google courses is a good start for you.
The price for taking these courses on the Google Digital Garage online learning platform is absolutely free and comes with modules, value-packed content, unlimited access, and videos with no time limits.
Upon completion of your chosen course, you will receive an accredited Google certificate which can be downloaded and included in your resume. Courses on this platform are also quite interactive which keeps you engaged and eager to learn more.
Features and Key Highlights
- Get access to downloadable resources, video lectures, quizzes, graded assignments, and also practice exams to test your knowledge and skills.
- Learn how to make decisions regarding data storage for applications.
- Learn how to integrate various sources, components, and services for creating solutions
- Get access to all the valuable Google Certification courses at one place that can help you build a valuable and robust career
List of free digital marketing courses offered on Google Digital Garage
Some of the free online courses offered by Google Digital Garage include:
- Social psychology
- Google Cloud Platform
- Digital Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Business Communication
- Big Data
Interestingly, it is more convenient, has a wide range of courses to choose from – some of which are free courses with with printable certificates and others paid.
If you are one of those searchers in search of the best free online courses with certificates that can be printed, well, there you have it.
You can stop the search now and start learning today. All you have to do is choose which online education platform you want to use, browse through their course catalog or simply just perform a search of your preferred course and start learning.
Certificates are usually awarded after completion, either on the platform or sent to you via email and can be printed.
Considering the fact that time of completion is of great essence for most of these free certificate courses, you might want to go for some short courses on these online learning sites if you truly want to get it completely and totally free.
The reason is because, while some of these digital courses are completely free and taught by a particular platform, many of the other e-learning platforms are simply just hosting courses taught by other professionals, schools and colleges and only offer the first few weeks or months for free as a trial version for you to know if its good for you or not.
If you are particularly interested in learning Data Analytics or master Excel, you might want to take a look at our top Excel training courses online or see our reviewed list of the best Data Analytics courses online.
Whatever you want to learn, I hope you find this guide on the best free online courses with certificates helpful enough to make your choice and start learning online.